What's Happening

Get to know us and follow our latest adventures both in the office and further afield

Home  »  What's happening  »  Blog

Buying Trend Survey Results

December 18, 2008Article by Ray Withers

Recently we surveyed you, our customers, to ask what you wanted from us and your investment choices generally. The trends and choices you fed back to us makes interesting reading especially in the current market.

Perhaps the most gratifying feedback was a resounding approval of the investment options that we have offered with 94% of our clients looking to invest again in the future.  84% are looking for properties purely for investment, whilst the remaining 16% of those surveyed are looking to purchase a holiday/second home. 39% of our clients have a preference for city centre, buy to let properties.

What Type of Property are Investors looking for?
 
Your Views On the Global Real Estate Market

The Property Frontiers survey asked for opinions and comments on both the UK and international markets. The current volatility in world economies has led many investors to the conclusion that significant opportunities exist to acquire real estate investments at great value. We agree and so it seems do the respondents to our survey.

Investment Concerns

By far and away the biggest concerns for our clients is market timing. Many of you are looking to invest but given the current economic situation are unsure when and where to purchase next. We completely understand this and are currently appraising various products that will ensure our investors risk profiles are well balanced.

Written by: Christopher Chadd

Author

Ray Withers

Ray has over 17 years’ experience in the international property market and bought his own first international property investment back in 2002. Aside from running Property Frontiers, Ray has been involved in residential, hotel, student and commercial property investment and development in both the UK and overseas and co-wrote "Where to Buy Property Abroad - An Investor's Guide". As Founder and Trustee of the Frontiers Foundation, Ray is directly involved with many of its projects to ensure they have a direct and tangible impact in individual communities across the globe. He is passionate about property, travelling, scouting out new opportunities and finding time to spend with his young family.
Property Frontiers Awards

The award winning international investment specialists & founder member of the Association of International Property Professionals

Follow us...

  • Befriend Property Frontiers on Facebook
  • Follow Property Frontiers on Twitter
  • Follow Property Frontiers on LinkedIn
  • Watch property investment videos on the Property Frontiers YouTube channel
  • Property investment news from Property Frontiers
  • Read property investment commentary on the Property Frontiers blog