Get to know us and follow our latest adventures both in the office and further afield
Top 10 reasons to invest in student property in Brighton
September 27, 2012Article by Ray Withers
With a hard earned reputation as student property investment experts we must make absolutely sure that there are plenty of reasons for you, our clients to invest in our exclusive projects such as The Regency in Brighton.
Having investigated this market in real detail over the last few months, there are so many reasons why we believe this is the best student property investment on the market, and our clients seem to agree with over 70% of rooms already sold, however with for those with little time to spare I have detailed below the top 10 reasons to invest in student property in Brighton.
1. Shortage of 18,900 student bed spaces in Brighton
Planning restrictions have severely impacted the amount of accommodation on offer in the city. Much of the accommodation that is available is in private houses rather than purpose built residences so there is a clear demand for this. The city was recently described in the Savills Spotlight on Student Housing report (2012) as having the perfect imbalance between supply and demand.
2. 8% Net yield assured for 2 years
3. Only £70,500 for a standard self-contained studio
I believe that this is a very reasonable starting point considering the location and demand involved.
4. High grade self-contained studio apartments
All recent advice on the subject shows that luxury accommodation is becoming more important to today’s students. Standards are far higher on the whole, but particularly with wealthy international students who are keeping demand high for university places and can pay higher rents.
5. Top student developer with over 15 year of experience
John Talbot & Associates were great partners for us as they have previously developed around 3,000 purpose built student rooms with great success.
6. Fully managed by UK’s leading private student accommodation operator
With a number of student property investment projects under our belt we know that a main concern for investors is the hassle of maintaining the property. This is why we have listened to the developer in their recommendation of CRM students – the UK’s largest independent student accommodation manager – who will deal with anything that arises so your investment is hassle free.
7. Superb location minutes from campuses and city centre
Walking distances from The Regency:
- Mithras House campus 5 mins
- Moulsecoomb campus 8.5 mins
- Moulsecoomb station (1 stop from Falmer Campus and Uni of Sussex) 10 mins
- Technical College 11 mins
- Grand Parade Campus 20 mins
- Start of city centre 17 mins
- University of Brighton Faculty of Arts 20 mins
- Sea front 25 mins
- Brighton pier 27 mins
- Brighton Station 20 to 25 mins
8. Two popular universities in a small city
Both the University of Brighton and the University of Sussex are located in the area. Knight Frank recently ranked it as third best student investment location only after others in close proximity to London that have more barriers to entry.
9. Deposit from just £35,250 to exchange (no more to pay in 2012) 5% interest paid on deposit funds during build
This is a great chance to get involved for a reasonable deposit but not lose out on any interest your funds would have generated.
10. Because we said so
Here at Property Frontiers, we believe that it pays to be fussy. Quite simply, we have done extensive research and we do not launch any investment products that do not meet our strictest criteria for credibility, new markets, and real returns for our clients.