Find out what’s happening in the property investment arena both in the UK and internationally
Brazil Burns Bright As A Property Hotspot
March 2, 2009Article by Ray Withers
Brazil property investment is tipped as one of the world’s real estate hot spots for 2009. That’s not just because of the scorching year-round sunshine but a whole mix of other positive factors despite the economic gloom descending across the world. Yes, Brazil’s economy will be hit by the credit crunch – but expectations are that the country is in a healthier state to ride out the crisis than many other places.
So what is making property in Brazil a good place to put your money?
* Economic growth
Brazil’s industrial machine is still growing, despite the effects of recession slowing the economy
The government has invested millions in infrastructure in the north east of the country, including roads, bridges and a new airport destined to be the largest in Latin America at Natal.
* Location and accessibility
New infrastructure is making attractive locations more accessible to the US and Europe – the new airport is the same flying time from the UK as Miami
* Culture and natural beauty
Carnival and samba are well known. Not so well known are the hundreds of kilometres of secluded palm-fringed sandy beaches in the northeast Last, but by no means least, a cost of living is a fraction of the US and Europe. Brazilian property investment offers urban buy-to-let with a market generated by locals seeking accommodation in fast growing cities and resort investment in the northeast. International property consultants Property Frontiers offer examples of the available property:
Natal Ocean Club, Natal, Brazil
* Chic villas and condos with exquisite décor with cliff-top views
* Set in 20 acres of tropical gardens, over 300 metres of private beach
* Yields of 15% with current operator room rates
* Designed by internationally acclaimed Brazilian architect David Bastos
* Private club membership with luxurious amenities
* Prices range from £138,000 for a one-bed spa residence to £788,000 for a luxury four bed villa with infinity pool
* Within a few minutes drive of the proposed David Beckham sports academy
* Natal is under consideration as a World Cup venue for 2014
Vision Condo Apartments, Sao Paulo, Brazil
* Vision Condo Apartments should command gross yields between 9-14%
* Small apartments (from 50 square metres) in high demand
* Serviced apartments with high standards of facilities and amenities.
* Sao Paulo boasts one of the highest qualities of life in Brazil.
* Sao Paulo investment property is fuelled solely by local demand
* Prices range from £74,590 for a studio or one bed apartment to £86,790 for a two-bed apartment.
Both developments offer good Brazil investment property potential for different reasons, but are linked by all the factors that make Brazil one of the driving economies in the world for 2009. Economists predict that Brazil will be one of the world’s Big Five economies in a few year, with growth outstripping the old world heavyweights like the UK, US and Germany.