Find out what’s happening in the property investment arena both in the UK and internationally
Brazil Property Investors Shoot For World Cup Goal
April 20, 2009Article by Ray Withers
Brazil property investors can score big profits in the lead up to the 2014 World Cup.
Demand for accommodation for infrastructure projects for the world’s biggest football fiesta is growing on the back of the government’s planned £15.8 million investment in airports, roads, rail and other transport links. One of the biggest projects is a new airport at Natal, in northeast Brazil, which is ready to enter the Top 10 league of world airports.
Speculation is Brazil real estate investment, will increase now as buyers try and get in while prices are low – this would follow the South African model where properties shot up 35% in advance of next year’s World Cup finals hosted there. Consultants Property Frontiers are offering two Brazilian opportunities – both in cities likely to host World Cup matches:
Natal Ocean Club, Natal, Brazil
- Chic villas and condos with exquisite décor with cliff-top views
- Yields of 15% with current operator room rates
- Prices range from £138,000 for a one-bed spa residence to £788,000 for a luxury four bed villa with infinity pool
- Located just a few minutes drive from the city’s football stadium and the proposed David Beckham sports academy
Vision Condo Apartments, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Vision Condo Apartments should command gross yields between 9-14
- Small apartments (from 50 square metres) in high demand
- Serviced apartments with high standards of facilities and amenities.
- Prices range from £74,590 for a studio or one bed apartment to £86,790 for a two-bed apartment.
- Sao Paulo FC is Brazil’s leading soccer club, holding the most cups and title wins.
As the country having won the World Cup most times and recognised as the world’s leading international team, Brazil is a football crazy nation and is expected to host fans from more than 30 other countries vying to try and reach the championships. England is already hotly tipped as a qualifier for the finals, with several good wins putting the team firmly at the top of their qualifying group.