Find out what’s happening in the property investment arena both in the UK and internationally
Why Invest In Brazil Property?
March 23, 2009Article by Ray Withers
Brazil is one of the powerhouses of the world and supports a broad and diverse economy that gives property investors lots of options.
The two drivers behind Brazil’s success are industry and tourism. Even in the global downturn, Brazil is reckoned to still end the year with a growing economy, even though growth may not be as startling as in previous years. Tourists are flooding to Brazil. All the factors that make tourism succeed are in place – stunning natural beauty, year-round sunshine and a low, low cost of living.
Brazil investment property ticks all the boxes with buy-to-let landlords, second homers, resort investors and people looking to retire.
If you are looking for Brazil buy-to-let property , Sao Paulo is one of the largest and fastest growing cities in the world with a constant demand for accommodation from young professionals moving to the ‘bright lights’ for work.
Second homers and resort investors should look to the city of Natal, as the government ploughs billions of dollars of investment in to the area to lay down infrastructure for tourism – including a huge new airport, new roads and bridges. Natal is the same flying time from London as Miami and the nearest part of Brazil to Europe.
For typical examples of Brazilian property, look at two deals consultants Property Frontiers are offering.
For resort property, try Natal Ocean Club, Natal, Brazil
- Chic villas and condos with exquisite décor with cliff-top views
- Set in 20 acres of tropical gardens, over 300 metres of private beach
- Yields of 15% with current operator room rates
- Designed by internationally acclaimed Brazilian architect David Bastos
- Private club membership with luxurious amenities
- Prices range from £138,000 for a one-bed spa residence to £788,000 for a luxury four bed villa with infinity pool
If you have a more traditional buy-to-let strategy, look at Vision Condo Apartments, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Vision Condo Apartments should command gross yields between 9-14%
- Small apartments (from 50 square metres) in high demand
- Serviced apartments with high standards of facilities and amenities.
- Sao Paulo boasts one of the highest qualities of life in Brazil.
- Sao Paulo investment property is fuelled solely by local demand
- Prices range from £74,590 for a studio or one bed apartment to £86,790 for a two-bed apartment.